Monday, August 3, 2009

Thing #19 Web 2.0 Awards/ My Choice: PANDORA

This thing was the most FUN for me so far. It probably has to do with the fact that I chose an excellent Web 2.0 award recipient to explore.

Before I got to this thing, I had a friend recommend Pandora to me. I hadn't gotten around to trying it yet, but when I saw it won 2nd place in the area of Music, I had a good excuse to play.

Pandora is an excellent site, and it is so easy to use. You just sign up with your email address and then type in the name of your favorite music artist or artist representative of the type of mix you want to hear. For my music mood of the moment I typed in John Mayer. The first song played on my computer was John himself, and then the rest of the songs continued with a perfect mix of some of my favorites like Coldplay, Jack Johnson, Norah Jones, GooGoo Dolls, Lifehouse, more of John sprinkled in, and others. It is perfect to set up for a party or gathering where you want a good mix to play in the background, or just to listen to while you work or play on the computer or near the computer.

Hmmm...who knew that part of a grad school assignment could be so fun? This good music is putting me in a great mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment