Friday, July 31, 2009

Thing #14 Technorati

Technorati has not been my favorite tool so far. In an earlier week, it was better in comparison to other blog-searching sites, but for this exercise I found myself quite frustrated. When searching for "School Library Learning 2.0" in the blogosphere I didn't find very helpful results. Most of them were about mash-ups. I couldn't figure out where else to search for tags, or what the difference in searching for blog posts or the blog directory was. Those were some confusing directions. I wonder if technorati has changed its layout since this assignment was written...

I also searched around the top 100 tags today. That was pretty neat to see the words that are most often tagged right now. I clicked on the word "love" and several little love stories and songs popped up. Of course, half of the sites that popped up were not very pertinent.

I think that if I am looking for a particular blog someday this site will be useful. The chances are it won't be saved under my delicious bookmarks though.

No comments:

Post a Comment