Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing #8 - RSS Feeds

This was a great activity. I have heard a friend talk about how much she loves using her RSS but I had never tried to use one myself before. I love the fact that all of the sites I normally open individually and read can be condensed into one long page for me to scour over. It saves time and effort of opening individual sites. I ended up subscribing to several of my friends blogs and two blog sites for librarians.

In the future I may plan to separate my personal life from my work life by creating one RSS feed with my friends’ personal blogs and another RSS feed with education and librarian centered information. This will help me save time with opening individual work and personal emails. It will give me extra time to actually read through the information, articles, blogs, etc. instead of hurriedly skimming each site. As a librarian, I plan to share this feature with teachers and administrators too so they can keep up-to-date on educational information in a more efficient manner.

I also completed the optional task and made my Google Reader page public. You can check it out at: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/12728279506268239740?hl=en

1 comment:

  1. when I clicked the link above it took me to my google reader..you may want to check on it! If you click it of course you will see yours...you might want to be sure and be signed out or try it from a "puiblic" computer.

    ReplyDelete