Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing 2: Thoughts on the 7 and 1/2 Habits of Successful Lifelong Learners

The easiest habit of successful lifelong learners for me to follow is the directive to PLAY! I am really good at playing. I like to bring fun to my learning. I have built my career and life choices around the fact that I enjoy learning and have fun with it!

Another easy habit for me to follow is to teach or mentor others. I am a teacher! I spend the majority of my working hours teaching. I love it and it comes naturally to me. Therefore, lifelong learning is what I want to pass on to my students!

The hardest habit for me to follow would be viewing problems as challenges. This habit states that when a problem comes up a lifelong learner should not look at it as a crisis, but as a challenge to learn from. Often, I get become frustrated very easily when problems arise. I could use some practice at patiently refocusing my mind to calmly accept problematic situations and learn how to solve them and prevent them from happening in the future.

Lifelong learning is usually natural for those who are continually teaching. These habits can help us become more effective!

No comments:

Post a Comment