Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Thing #6 - Mashups and More


So I've learned that "mashups" literally are two programs mashed up into one. Flickr is used commonly with mashups because many other programs can use Flickr images. In the library I think I will be using many of these programs to show my students how to amp up their projects.


In Language Arts at my intermediate school, many teachers use PhotoStory software for a narrative project they assign each year. Flickr and and Flickr Color Picker will be great apps. to show the students and teachers so that the presentations can incorporate better quality images.


Also, Mappr will be a helpful tool for me to show the social studies, science, and math teachers. They can use this tool for interactive geographic lessons and for data visualization.


Finally, as you can see, I played with the Trading Card Maker. Yes, I know I am silly! :p

No comments:

Post a Comment